« »
1 2 3 4 5 6

How I Study


Assalamualaikum & Annyeonghaseyo! So, another late night post again huh? Sorry, I don't have much time during daytime or should I say I'm sucks at time management haha. Nowadays, I'm trying to stick to a routine so that I won't be too 'shocked' once school starts! Actually today is the last day of holiday before school re-opens, so I guess I should share my personal study tips or should I say, the way I study.. Hehe, don't wanna talk too much for the intro, so here we go!
Disclaimer : I'm not the most genius kid or whatsoever, just wanna share my personal study tips. Probably it'll be useful/helpful for someone? Hehe.. 

1.Find the right time to study
You need to know when is the most effective time of the day to study.Know your body. Study when you are at your most alert. This thing depends on you, I guess? Everyone have their own preferences. I personally love to study past midnight because around that time, my Twitter timeline is less active so I can focus more easily haha. Not just Twitter, but usually my surroundings are more peaceful and quiet compared to daytime. It's not that I can't study anything during daytime, but I just prefer night than daytime. Again, it's up to you! 
But you know, I'm jut an ordinary student who always study last-minute lmao. This year I hope I'll leave that bad habit of mine. I should study more often hehe. 
By the way, I heard that our brain is more active around 2 a.m. until morning, I also heard that it's good to wake up early around 4 a.m. then start your studying session right after. Tbh I don't know which one to follow, but most of the times I will start studying on 2 a.m. until 4 a.m. then I'll go to sleep :) During exam week my sleeping schedule is so fucked up, no kidding xD 
But I usually is more likely to memorize things faster if I study past midnight :D
So, I highly recommend studying past midnight! For me it's so effective~ 

2. Break study time into small chunks!
This seriously helps me a lot! You can't just study all chapters in one day, right? Well, for finals I usually have to that due to the lack of time OTL. This is the reason why you should study at least 2 weeks earlier, then break your study time into small chunks so that'll be easier to memorize things that you need to remember :)

3. Listen to instrumentals/piano!
I know most people always listen to music when they study, I also do that oftenly :)
But you know, in my opinion I can memorize things easier if I just listen to instrumental or piano when I'm studying hehe. I made a playlist on Youtube for my personal study music, but if you are looking for those too, just search 'study music' on Youtube :) 

4. Attend class, pay attention in class!
Tbh I'm not that type of person who study 24/7. But I usually pay attention in class and I try so hard to stay focused when teacher is teaching. Even if you're my best friend, I would still be mad at you if you disturb me during class haha. My best friends usually will talk about iKON to distract me OTL..
But seriously, even if you can't study everyday, just pay attention in class! 
I hope this year I won't skip extra classes again :'D I'm a rebel FYI haha

5. Make plans!
You need to know what you need to study. Prioritize. Make study plan! Nowadays I'm using bullet journal system to help me stay organized and be productive. Sometimes I also disobey my own plans and then I'll feel so bad & started to hate myself even more.. But if I really do everything that I planned, (which rarely happens tbh) I'll feel so happy and proud of myself :) 
By the way, actually you don't have to plan everything! Sometimes I'm more productive when I do things spontaneously. So, the conclusion here is, just do it!

6. Stop procrastinating
DO it now. Sometimes LATER becomes NEVER. #notetoself :D
Actually the hardest part of doing something is getting started. But once you get started and JUST DO IT eventually things will just work out, trust me. I wasted most of my times on Youtube, not just watching KPOP videos, usually it's baking videos lol. Nowadays, I'm trying to avoid that, not that baking videos are bad, but of course, I could've watched something better. So now instead of baking videos, I'll watch motivational videos or just something that could lift my mood! Then I'll continue studying or my work :) 
If I can do it, of course y'all can do it too! Let's fight procrastination! 

7. Write notes, color code them!
I heard that you can memorize things easier if you write it down. This is time consuming, if you don't have much time you probably don't have to do this.. But I find writing down things that I need to remember like passage, fact or definition helps me a lot! I personally took so long to write notes bcs I color code them, my notebook literally looks like a coloring book lol. And I don't write notes for every subjects bcs that'll take forever for me sobs. Some people said mind-mapping technique is good too, but I'm sucks at that haha. 

8. Pray to God
Remember..don't forget to pray for your friends' success too. Don't be selfish. 
And kalau rajin, buatlah solat sunat selalu, this is actually note to myself bcs..I always wanted to do it but never actually DO it. Shame on me sigh..
Pray for me y'all, I hope I'll change soon :')

9. Memorization Tips
Read it 10 times, Speak it 10 times, Write it 2 times :D
10. Do your assignments/homeworks
I don't think this can be considered as study tips, but doing your homework is so important. It's not as complicated as you think, actually doing homework is so simple. After all these years I finally realized that I love doing homework, call me weird but I just love doing it altough sometimes things can get hard and uncontrollable. Ever since my primary school days, I become so concerned about homeworks, you can ask my friends about that. I also always ask my friends about their homeworks.
Probably this is the only thing that I like about myself, I never forget to do my homeworks :)
(why I sounds so cocky..)

Hmm, I guess that's all I can think of now, I'll add more in future,, 
Okay I need to go now! Have a good day! Bye :)

Study while others are sleeping. Decide while others are delaying. Prepare while others are daydreaming. Begin while others are procrastinating. Work while others are wishing. Save while others are wasting. Listen while others are talking. Smile while others are frowning. Persist while others are quitting :)



BTW, Happy Birthday to my precious son Kim Donghyuk <3


Sunday, January 3, 2016 • January 03, 2016

Intro





Aida Hazirah | 18 | iKONIC

archive



credit


design and template originally by ayuni